Friday, April 20, 2007

the weekend

I always feel good when it is friday, I think maybe it is because I am able to get out of my routine. I do not have to follow the guidelines, I can assume to be surprised, I can assume to not have any plans. Now of course my wife always has plans for me on the weekend, but for the most part I do not have plans except to spend time with the kids and work on stuff. I have that option to accidentally fall asleep in the chair, or accidentally fall asleep on the couch, or accidentally fall asleep out in the grass, or shower, or just some random place on the ground, but seriously I often wonder if this was what the Garden of Eden was like all the time, (not random nap places) I mean yeah there was some work to do like naming the animals, but schedule? it seems as if before there was sin there was not routine. I am sure to some extent there was but maybe a schedule that was much more similar to that of a weekend schedule. Now this is clearly speculation but Adam's work that he did in the garden was "good" according to God so I would assume that it was the kind of work that one would like or love. In our world today very few people love their job, they therefore work for the weekend, as Mr. Lewis and the News said it best. Is it possible that if you love your job, which few people seem to do, then maybe we share that kind of "good" work that maybe Adam did? Tainted with sin in a fallen world granted, but I think that if you are satisfied with work as much as you or I look forward to the weekend, Monday does not seem so bad, It could in fact be good?

No comments: